Have you always dreamed of dressing up as a superhero, but never had the right opportunity?! JOIN US, on Saturday, October 7, 2017 for our first ever Superheroes Stomping Out Stigma 1K & 5K in Red Wing, MN! We are so excited for this new event and hope you will join us as we help stomp out stigma against mental illness, raise awareness of mental health, and have fun!
EVENT DETAILS AND INFORMATION
- The 5K path will start in Bay Point Park, go down to Levee Park, then head towards Pottery Park, before turning back and heading to the finish at Bay Point Park. The path is located along the beautiful Mississippi River and will be filled with all colors of fall foliage! The 5K will be timed, with that being said, all ages and physical abilities are welcome and encouraged to take part in the 5K – you can run, walk, stomp, or watch — it is up to you!
- The 1K path will start and end in Bay Point Park. All ages and physical abilities are welcome to take part in the 1K, this will not be a timed event.
- All proceeds from this event will go to support Hiawatha Valley’s mental health services in Red Wing.
- Costume Contest: Superhero costumes are encouraged, but not required. We invite you to dress up as your favorite superhero to help us stomp out stigma against mental health. There will be a costume contest that anyone who is dressed up can enter!
Early Bird Registration (Until September 1st): Youth – $10 Adult – $15
Regular Registration (September 2 – October 7): Youth – $15 Adult – $20
Team Registration Rate (4-6 people any age): $15/per team member
Please follow the registration link below – we would greatly appreciate participants to use the online form as it makes it easier and faster to process registrations and get confirmation out immediately. If you are in need of a paper registration form, please contact Tressa Reuter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 507-458-6285 for assistance. We look forward to seeing you at the Superheroes Stomping Out Stigma 1K & 5K!
DAY OF TIMELINE:
8:45AM-9:45AM: Check-in and Registration
9:45AM: Costume Contest Judging
10:00AM: 5K Race Begins (Timed)
10:15AM: 1K Begins (Not Timed)
11:00AM: Race Winners and Costume Contest Winners Announced
RACE MAP: Coming Soon!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is the Superheroes Stomping Out Stigma 1K & 5K for only for serious runners? No! Anyone can participate in the event! We invite all walkers, runners, all age groups, anyone with a desire to improve their Physical Health for Mental Wealth! Not sure if you can participate in the 5K series? No problem! Our 1K series is designed for families, children, and individuals who’d like to participate in a fun run/walk!
- Can I bring a stroller? Absolutely! Families are encouraged to participate and bring strollers and wagons! Families are able to participate in the 5K or 1K series!
REFUND & WEATHER POLICY:
During events there is always the potential for extreme or severe weather conditions. Hiawatha Valley Mental Health Center and race directors will do as much as we can to make the experience as safe as possible. However, if there is severe weather, the race may be delayed. If there is more than a reasonable delay, or if conditions persist, race directors reserve the right to shorten or cancel the race. Entry fees are non-refundable. Please check this webpage and your email before the race for any changes or cancellations. If you are already at the event, listen to the announcer about any weather changes that may occur. If you are unable to attend the event you will have 1 week after the event to contact Hiawatha Valley Mental Health Center at 507-458-6285 to arrange to pick up your race packet.