POSITION SUMMARY: To coordinate and provide direct services in the community to adults with a diagnosis of serious and persistent mental illness. Responsible for ensuring the individual receives services as outlined in a diagnostic assessment to enable them to live as independently as possible in the community. Educate and train individuals on the basic skills necessary to enable them to live in the least restrictive setting.
LOCATION: The position is a full-time position; Winona County, Minnesota
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Manage a caseload of clients, meeting with each individual as determined by their level of need. Caseload may involve only those in the residential or HBL settings, depending on ARMHS assignment.
- Teach clients basic skills such as budgeting, independent living skills, handling crisis, coping with symptoms of their mental illness, handling benefits, and developing social skills.
- Offer referrals and recommendations for community resources and services.
- Provide transportation or arrange transportation for individuals as needed.
- Understand standards and follow time lines for handling referrals, and meeting with the client.
- Maintain case files, which includes obtaining and updating necessary releases of information, individual community support plans, functional assessments, and ensuring that a current diagnostic assessment is available to work from.
- Keep case notes and billing current, meeting or exceeding paperwork requirements.
- Coordinate with other providers assigned to working with the individual at a minimum of every 6 months.
- Participate in clinical supervision individually and in-group once a month or more if licensure requires.
- Attend required organization or community meetings.
- Attend conferences, in-services, and training necessary to meet licensure and program requirements.
- Participate in evening programming and/or Hiawatha Valley’s on-call emergency system as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
Flexible Scheduling – No weekends
Agency provided laptop and mobile phone
Generous PLT (accruing 5.08 hours every pay period)
Holiday Pay (9 full day holidays and 2 1/2 day holidays in addition to PLT)
Full Benefit package (including agency paid premiums for dental, STD, LTD, Life)
Hiawatha Valley Mental Health Center strives to bring exceptional behavioral health support to the communities we serve, while providing excellent employee benefits! We offer a flexible working environment, competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package including health, life, disability, dental insurance, 403B,and paid time off.
EOE/AA – Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status or status with regard to public assistance.
To assist us in complying with government record keeping, reporting and other legal requirements, please complete the form in the EEO link below. Providing this information is voluntary and refusal to provide this information will not have a negative effect on your status as an applicant or employee. This information will be kept confidential and in accordance with federal and state regulations.