Responsible for accurate and efficient data entry of information into the clinical software. Bill self-pay patients and county contracts. Responsible for mail.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Data entry of all billing sheets including clinical day sheets, case management notes/slips, day treatment sheets, ER, and welfare to work; to be done on daily basis to ensure accounts are always current.
- Serve as liaison for satellite office staff relating to data entry responsibilities.
- Inform MIS of problems relating to data entry.
- Work with clinicians/Program Director on problem day sheets to ensure timelines of entry/billing.
- Develop and maintain log of day sheets turned in, as they are turned in; notify clinicians of missing day sheets (to be done on monthly basis); and monitor day sheet completion.
- Maintain Center’s mail including going to the post office twice a day for incoming and outgoing mail.
- Maintain residential billings for room and board and program costs; billing monthly the appropriate payer.
- Bill outpatient clients monthly for their self-pay portion of services received.
- Bill counties for POS services monthly (Houston, Wabasha, Winona).
- Bill other counties for out of county contracts quarterly.
- Post payments for self-pay from mail and reception book and for county payments to the accounts receivable billing software by the third of the next month.
- Maintain calendar and birthday list.
- Order and deliver business cards to staff.
- Monitor envelope supply and orders as needed.
- Backup to Intake Worker and Medical Records.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
Word processing software Windows environment, billing/schedules/clinical software, 10-key calculator, personal computer, laser printer, copier, fax machine, postage meter, transcription machine, telephone, multi-line switchboard.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to operate computer with previous computer experience.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
All HVMHC owned facilities are smoke/drug free environments with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature, and the like.
- Full time
Hiawatha Valley Mental Health Center strives to bring exceptional behavioral health support to the communities we serve, while providing excellent employee benefits! We offer a flexible working environment, competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package including health, life, disability, dental insurance, 403B,and paid time off.
EOE/AA – Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status or status with regard to public assistance.
To assist us in complying with government record keeping, reporting and other legal requirements, please complete the form in the EEO link below. Providing this information is voluntary and refusal to provide this information will not have a negative effect on your status as an applicant or employee. This information will be kept confidential and in accordance with federal and state regulations.