JOB SUMMARY: Process bi-weekly payroll. Code invoices for payment, post payments for accounts receivable. Record transactions in the financial software. Other various accounting tasks.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Prepare monthly invoices for county purchase of service contracts.
2. Post payments as necessary for county purchase of service contracts.
3. Bill monthly residential charges in billing software.
4. Post monthly residential payments in billing software.
5. Ensure refunds are processed timely and accurately for residential accounts.
6. Track miscellaneous invoices and payments.
7. Assist in tracking grant-related expenses & prepare invoices for submission.
1. Review and code invoices for payment.
2. Review and code expense reports for payment.
1. Process bi-weekly payroll and employee expense report
2. Process year-end payroll reporting, W-2s and 1095s.
1. Input Social Security deposits for representative payee clients into accounting software.
2. Provide back-up for representative payee as needed.
3. Provide back-up for Finance Director as needed.
4. Reconcile monthly various general ledger accounts.
5. Assist with annual audit preparation.
1. Perform other duties as assigned by the Finance Director.
EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
MS Office Word and Excel, Windows environment, email, payroll and accounting software, billing/clinical software, calculator, personal computer, copier, fax machine, laser printer, telephone, postage meter
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Associate’s Degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience, as well as a knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles. Ability to work independently, strong attention to detail, high knowledge of computer software. Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines. Must be confidential.
All HVMHC owned facilities are smoke/drug free environments with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature, and the like.
Hiawatha Valley Mental Health Center strives to bring exceptional behavioral health support to the communities we serve, while providing excellent employee benefits! We offer a flexible working environment, competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package including health, life, disability, dental insurance, 403B,and paid time off.
EOE/AA – Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status or status with regard to public assistance.
To assist us in complying with government record keeping, reporting and other legal requirements, please complete the form in the EEO link below. Providing this information is voluntary and refusal to provide this information will not have a negative effect on your status as an applicant or employee. This information will be kept confidential and in accordance with federal and state regulations.