The Executive Assistant to the Executive Director relieves the Executive Director of operational and administrative details and performs administrative functions that require a thorough knowledge of the agency’s policies, procedures, and operations and an understanding of the agency’s roles within the community. The Executive Assistant has recurring contact with members of the Board of Directors, public and private officials, other agencies, and staff members. The Executive Assistant exercises initiative and independent judgment in managing the Executive Director’s schedule and daily activities.
Job Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Assists the Executive Director with administrative duties and completes broad variety of administration tasks which includes managing active calendar appointments, composing and preparing correspondence, arranging travel plans, itineraries and agendas, and compiling documents and reports for meetings.
- Promotes positive image of the agency by greeting and receiving all visitors to the Executive Director’s office
- Interacts effectively and professionally with individuals including management, board members, government officials, and other community associated individuals
- Assists in preparing presentations for the board members, county board management, or other designated groups of individuals
- Handles sensitive and confidential information with tact and diplomacy using good judgement and professionalism
- Prepares board packets, assist in preparing agendas, minutes, and correspondence with board members
- Assists management team in limited administrative tasks as needed
- Maintains electronic and hard copy files and records management
- Attends agreed upon meetings with the Executive Director and compiles minutes and distributes promptly to Executive Director
- Maintains calendar for the administrative conference room
For a complete position description, or additional information, please contact Carmen Briggs at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until February 27, 2019
EOE/AA – Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status or status with regard to public assistance.
To assist us in complying with government record keeping, reporting and other legal requirements, please complete the form in the EEO link below. Providing this information is voluntary and refusal to provide this information will not have a negative effect on your status as an applicant or employee. This information will be kept confidential and in accordance with federal and state regulations.