Each year, Hiawatha Valley Mental Health provides close to 4,000 children, adolescents and adults, support and treatment for mental health recovery. The organization offers a wide range of services to individuals of all ages: Adult Mental Health Case Management, Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services (ARMHS), Children’s Mental Health Case Management, Children’s Therapeutic Supports and Services, Early Childhood Services, Outpatient Counseling, Peer Support Networking, Psychiatry, Residential Services, School-Linked Mental Health and Early Childhood Birth to Five Services. We are based out of Winona but have an additional four offices in neighboring communities to meet the demands of those seeking mental health services.
The need for mental health services is great and growing in Winona county and surrounding areas.
- Since 2013, we have recognized a steady increase of about 28 new children, adolescents and adults, receiving behavioral support services per month
- We have close to 300 people on a waiting list waiting to receive mental health services
- The demand for outpatient substance abuse services is extensive due to the recent rise in Opioid addiction cases
- Request for youth behavioral services are high
- Our current two locations in Winona do not have the capacity to serve the future needs of our clients and referrals
After much discussion, we purchased the Sarnia Square building at 420 East Sarnia Street, Winona, formally known as Winona Health Urgent Care. This plan allows us to preserve our excellences for Mental Health Behavioral Support and expand our footprint. This strategic location offers us visibility and an additional 14,230 square feet.
Expansion to Meet Demand
- Combined service location to increase collaboration between departments and providers
- Additional office space to better meet the demands in our community
- Additional and larger group meeting rooms to better serve clients and their families
- Community Training Center so we can train more individuals in our community on Mental Health topics
- Unlimited parking for clients
- Room to expand services including;
- Evidence based prevention and early intervention services to infants, youth, and their parents/caregivers
- Treatment intervention for parents dealing with substance abuse and assisting in preserving families
- Day treatment services for children and adolescents
- Therapy opportunities for women adjusting to motherhood
Funding for services is primarily public and private insurances, along with state grants. Grant funds are also solicited for capital projects if they become available.
Philanthropy also represents a critical portion of the construction of the expansion.
Donations can also be dropped off or mailed to:
Hiawatha Valley Mental Health
420 East Sarnia Street
Winona, MN 55987