Maintenance Technician – part-time
Maintenance Position Schedule: Typical schedule between Monday-Friday; 20-29 hours per week – depending on work
JOB SUMMARY: Upkeep and repair of grounds and buildings.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Help maintenance supervisor with tasks as needed to maintain buildings (painting, minor repairs, etc.).
- Move office furniture and equipment as needed.
- Snow removal and salting of walkways, driveways, and parking lots.
- Grass cutting and bush trimming.
- Responsible for all over grounds appearance.
- Minor repairs as directed by Maintenance Lead.
- Clean windows.
- Pick up and sweep debris from around buildings and walkways.
- Serve as back-up to Maintenance Lead
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Vacuum cleaner, floor buffer, carpet extractor, hedge trimmer, weed whacker, lawn mower, Bobcat, paint sprayer, various hand tools, and single and two stage snow blowers.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work responsibly and independently.
- Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- May need to lift up to 75 lbs occasionally, when helping move office furniture.
- Must be able to bend, twist, have use of hands, to repair items, paint, and etc.
All HVMHC owned facilities are smoke/drug free environments with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature, and the like. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment and job sites may be loud, but is often more like an office or home environment.
- Part time
EOE/AA – Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status or status with regard to public assistance.
To assist us in complying with government record keeping, reporting and other legal requirements, please complete the form in the EEO link below. Providing this information is voluntary and refusal to provide this information will not have a negative effect on your status as an applicant or employee. This information will be kept confidential and in accordance with federal and state regulations.