Title Outpatient Mental Health Therapist
To provide outpatient mental health services to the citizens participating Counties, in a non-profit community mental health clinic setting with other licensed professionals and Center staff including working with individuals, couples, families and the community at large.
- Assess and document client’s current life situation, including reasons for referral, history of the current mental health problem including important developmental incidents, strengths, and vulnerabilities, current functioning and symptoms, diagnosis using the DSM 5 or other updated tools, and providing needed mental health services.
- Develop a written plan of intervention, treatment and services identifying goals and objectives of treatment, treatment strategy, a schedule for accomplishing treatment goals and objectives, and the individual or individuals responsible for providing treatment to the person.
- Perform planned and structured treatment (individual, family and/or group psychotherapy) based on client’s diagnosis.
- Assist in the coordination of therapeutic services with other Center staff, including consulting with on-staff psychiatric prescribers.
- Consult in a timely manner with other professionals or agencies concerning clients referred to or from the Center as well as mutual clients.
- Participate in the required multi-disciplinary team meetings and clinical supervision.
- Provide case or program consultation to health care and human service professionals and agencies.
- Participate in efforts to coordinate agency and community resources.
- Participate in conferences, seminars, or other educational activities based on the annual staff development plan and as needed to be in good standing with state licensure requirements.
- Provide training to in-house staff, share approved and legal video/audio tapes of sessions with clients for intra-agency training or as requested by the Clinical Director.
- Perform other outpatient mental health activities such as giving presentations at all-agency meetings or to area businesses, schools, and other organizations as directed by the Director or staffing information booths at events or fairs and participating in activities outside of the agency as directed.
- Maintain accurate and current documentation of all client treatment activities in the agency’s ECR. Progress Notes are to be completed within 48 hours of seeing a client; treatment plans completed at the first therapy session; diagnostic assessment completed within insurance compliance guidelines or sooner in time sensitive situations and as requested by county or other partner staff.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date case closings and terminations, typically within three months of the most recent session with a client.
- Maintain a thorough and accurate schedule in the electronic health record, including all productive and non-productive time and activities.
- Maintain productivity time standards – billable and non-billable at the required minimal level, currently 65% of total paid time.
- Complete all information/forms needed by the business office (Enrollment form, prior authorizations, requests for information or letters sent to doctors etc.) in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all referral sources and intra-agency staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Clinical Director or Executive Director.
Hiawatha Valley Mental Health Center strives to bring exceptional behavioral health support to the communities we serve, while providing excellent employee benefits! We offer a flexible working environment, competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package including health, life, disability, dental insurance, 403B,and paid time off.
EOE/AA – Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status or status with regard to public assistance.
To assist us in complying with government record keeping, reporting and other legal requirements, please complete the form in the EEO link below. Providing this information is voluntary and refusal to provide this information will not have a negative effect on your status as an applicant or employee. This information will be kept confidential and in accordance with federal and state regulations.