TITLE: Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
JOB SUMMARY: Travel between Hiawatha Valley residential housing units in Winona to provide general physical and mental health care to clients who reside onsite.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assist clients with medications in onsite medicine rooms.
- Conduct general health assessments, provide dietary or other physical health advice as necessary and appropriate.
- Administer flu shots.
- Participate in groups with residents and other staff to educate others regarding healthy lifestyles.
- Establish collaborative, constructive working relationships with community service providers, residential employees, and clients.
- Provide consumer education on the basic principles of physical and mental health, as well as interpersonal and social skills, as assigned.
- Attend appropriate conferences and in-service training sessions as necessary to meet licensure and program requirements.
- Participate in clinical supervision as directed.
- Participate in evening consumer service delivery if needed.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse degree and licensure
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Able to work with clients with severe and/or persistent mental illness, previous experience providing services to mentally ill clients preferred.
- Exceptional organization and communication skills (oral and written). Decisive and accurate decision-making ability critical.
- Team player, with strong ability to work with peers, clinical and administrative supervisor, community partners, and other clinical staff.
- Possess a high level of human relation skills and the ability to work with and react appropriately to a variety of people in difficult or challenging situations. Ability to calmly and repetitively model appropriate behavior in difficult or challenging situations.
- Valid Driver’s License with access and willingness to operate a motor vehicle to travel between houses, attend trainings, meetings and etc.
Hiawatha Valley Mental Health Center strives to bring exceptional behavioral health support to the communities we serve, while providing excellent employee benefits! We offer a flexible working environment, competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package including health, life, disability, dental insurance, 403B,and paid time off.
EOE/AA – Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status or status with regard to public assistance.
To assist us in complying with government record keeping, reporting and other legal requirements, please complete the form in the EEO link below. Providing this information is voluntary and refusal to provide this information will not have a negative effect on your status as an applicant or employee. This information will be kept confidential and in accordance with federal and state regulations.