Outpatient Mental Health Clinical Director
Outpatient Clinical Director/Mental Health Therapist
Position Summary: The Outpatient Mental Health Clinical Director is responsible for the development, management, and operation of therapy services and the employee assistance program (EAP) in the outpatient department. The ability to function effectively on the HVMHC management team, assure compliance with all licensure and credentials required, have good organizational, leadership, communication, problem solving, and planning skills, and work cooperatively with other community agencies are essential aspects of this position.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise and evaluate the administrative functions of outpatient staff.
- Participate in the HVMHC management team, representing outpatient therapy services.
- Plan effectively for assigned department needs.
- Assist in preparation of an annual department budget and monitor budget status regularly.
- Assure compliance with all applicable rules, regulations, licenses and/or certification standards for Rule 29 and/or other requirements.
- Assure implementation of applicable agency policies and procedures.
- Recruit, hire, and train outpatient therapy staff.
- Complete staff job performance reviews and assist staff with development planning.
- Assure that outpatient therapy services are properly documented and billed, and work effectively with billing support staff Program Director and staff in this area.
- Attend, participate in, and as appropriate, lead scheduled staff meetings, supervisory sessions and staff committees as assigned.
- Establish and maintain effective rapport with all referral, provider and client sources.
- Attend appropriate workshops and conferences to enhance skills.
- Assist with marketing and community education in the area of outpatient therapy as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Administration.
Word processing software Windows environment, personal computer, laser printer, copier, fax machine, postage meter, transcription machine, telephone, multi-line switchboard, and be knowledgeable about billing/schedules/clinical software.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Requires an LP, LICSW, LPCC, or LMFT and at least two years experience in the field of licensure.
Experience: Two years supervisory experience is desired.
Hiawatha Valley Mental Health Center strives to bring exceptional behavioral health support to the communities we serve, while providing excellent employee benefits! We offer a flexible working environment. HVMHC has a comprehensive benefits package including health, life, disability, vision, and dental insurance. We look to the future of our staff and have the option of 403(B) with an employer match. We offer a generous amount of paid time off including PLT and holidays. HVMHC also has an employee assistance program, discount programs, and much more!
To assist us in complying with government record keeping, reporting and other legal requirements, please complete the form in the EEO link below. Providing this information is voluntary and refusal to provide this information will not have a negative effect on your status as an applicant or employee. This information will be kept confidential and in accordance with federal and state regulations.