Title Outpatient Mental Health Therapist – Red Wing (Therapist license required-$2,000 SIGN ON BONUS)
To provide outpatient mental health services to the citizens participating Counties, in a non-profit community mental health clinic setting with other licensed professionals and Center staff including working with individuals, couples, families and the community at large. Prior Therapist license is required to be qualified.
- Assess and document client’s current life situation, including reasons for referral, history of the current mental health problem including important developmental incidents, strengths, and vulnerabilities, current functioning and symptoms, diagnosis using the DSM 5 or other updated tools, and providing needed mental health services.
- Develop a written plan of intervention, treatment and services identifying goals and objectives of treatment, treatment strategy, a schedule for accomplishing treatment goals and objectives, and the individual or individuals responsible for providing treatment to the person.
- Perform planned and structured treatment (individual, family and/or group psychotherapy) based on client’s diagnosis.
- Assist in the coordination of therapeutic services with other Center staff, including consulting with on-staff psychiatric prescribers.
- Consult in a timely manner with other professionals or agencies concerning clients referred to or from the Center as well as mutual clients.
- Participate in the required multi-disciplinary team meetings and clinical supervision.
- Provide case or program consultation to health care and human service professionals and agencies.
- Participate in efforts to coordinate agency and community resources.
- Participate in conferences, seminars, or other educational activities based on the annual staff development plan and as needed to be in good standing with state licensure requirements.
- Provide training to in-house staff, share approved and legal video/audio tapes of sessions with clients for intra-agency training or as requested by the Clinical Director.
- Perform other outpatient mental health activities such as giving presentations at all-agency meetings or to area businesses, schools, and other organizations as directed by the Director or staffing information booths at events or fairs and participating in activities outside of the agency as directed.
- Maintain accurate and current documentation of all client treatment activities in the agency’s ECR. Progress Notes are to be completed within 48 hours of seeing a client; treatment plans completed at the first therapy session; diagnostic assessment completed within insurance compliance guidelines or sooner in time sensitive situations and as requested by county or other partner staff.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date case closings and terminations, typically within three months of the most recent session with a client.
- Maintain a thorough and accurate schedule in the electronic health record, including all productive and non-productive time and activities.
- Maintain productivity time standards – billable and non-billable at the required minimal level, currently 65% of total paid time.
- Complete all information/forms needed by the business office (Enrollment form, prior authorizations, requests for information or letters sent to doctors etc.) in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all referral sources and inter-agency staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Clinical Director or Executive Director.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.