TITLE: Outpatient/School Linked Mental Health Therapist
PROGRAM: Outpatient/ School Linked Mental Health
Job Summary: To provide outpatient mental health services to the citizens of Winona, La Crosse, Houston, Fillmore, Wabasha, Goodhue and other participating County partners, in a non-profit community mental health clinic setting with other licensed professionals and Center staff including working with individuals, couples, families and the community at large.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assess and document client’s current life situation, including reasons for referral, history of the current mental health problem including important developmental incidents, strengths, and vulnerabilities, current functioning and symptoms, diagnosis using the DSM 5 or other updated tools, and providing needed mental health services.
- Develop a written plan of intervention, treatment and services identifying goals and objectives of treatment, treatment strategy, a schedule for accomplishing treatment goals and objectives, and the individual or individuals responsible for providing treatment to the person.
- Perform planned and structured treatment (individual, family and/or group psychotherapy) based on client’s diagnosis.
- Assist in the coordination of therapeutic services with other Center staff, including consulting with on-staff psychiatric prescribers.
- Consult in a timely manner with other professionals or agencies concerning clients referred to or from the Center as well as mutual clients.
- Participate in the required multi-disciplinary team meetings and clinical supervision.
- Provide case or program consultation to health care and human service professionals and agencies.
- Participate in efforts to coordinate agency and community resources.
- Participate in conferences, seminars, or other educational activities based on the annual staff development plan and as needed to be in good standing with state licensure requirements.
- Provide training to in-house staff, share approved and legal video/audio tapes of sessions with clients for intra-agency training or as requested by the Clinical Director.
- Perform other outpatient mental health activities such as giving presentations at all-agency meetings or to area businesses, schools, and other organizations as directed by the Director or staffing information booths at events or fairs and participating in activities outside of the agency as directed.
- Maintain accurate and current documentation of all client treatment activities in the agency’s ECR. Progress Notes are to be completed within 48 hours of seeing a client; treatment plans completed at the first therapy session; diagnostic assessment completed within insurance compliance guidelines or sooner in time sensitive situations and as requested by county or other partner staff.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date case closings and terminations, typically within three months of the most recent session with a client.
- Maintain a thorough and accurate schedule in the electronic health record, including all productive and non-productive time and activities.
- Maintain productivity time standards – billable and non-billable at the required minimal level, currently 65% of total paid time.
- Complete all information/forms needed by the business office (Enrollment form, prior authorizations, requests for information or letters sent to doctors etc.) in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all referral sources and intra-agency staff.
- Possess a vehicle, valid driver license, and valid auto insurance.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION: Must be able to move around the office on a daily basis. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must communicate with others and exchange information. This is primarily a sedentary position (standing and/or sitting). Employee regularly operates a computer and other office equipment on a daily basis. Occasional bending and lifting of office materials up to 30 lbs. The job description is subject to change at any time.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Perform other duties as assigned by Program Director
EQUIPMENT USED: MS Office Word and Excel, Windows environment, email, clinical software, calculator, personal computer, webcam copier, fax machine, laser printer, telephone/cell phone, postage meter, vehicle
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Education: Applicable MN MHP Licensure or License Eligible Clinical Trainee. Minimum graduate degree in mental health field of study. Educational requirements completed to meet clinical trainee designation.
- Experience: Two years’ experience and licensed as an LP, LICSW, LMFT or LPCC preferred but not required; will consider clinical trainee candidates.
- Worker Traits: Must possess a high level of human relation skills and an aptitude for effective decision-making. Must be organized, able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, and be able to demonstrate appropriate problem-solving skills. Must work well on a team of therapists and coordinate as necessary to support the treatment of clients. Must also work well with other agency staff and respond to reasonable demands placed on them outside of their clinical work by agency staff.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must possess a vehicle valid driver’s license and a willingness to travel as needed to client or organization locations throughout SE MN.
- Dually credentialed and experience in both outpatient and school areas are preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: All Hiawatha Valley Mental Health Center owned facilities are smoke/drug free environments with some exposure to excessive noise dust, temperature. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of conditions at client sites.
SUPERVISED BY: Outpatient and School Linked Mental Health Clinical Director’s
POSITION DESIGNATION: Full-Time
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
To assist us in complying with government record keeping, reporting and other legal requirements, please complete the form in the EEO link below. Providing this information is voluntary and refusal to provide this information will not have a negative effect on your status as an applicant or employee. This information will be kept confidential and in accordance with federal and state regulations.