PROGRAM: Hiawatha Bluffs Living/Residential
JOB SUMMARY: Front desk staff will provide supervision and security for the 20 unit complex 24 hours a day and/or resident assistant to residential board and lodges. To assist with support, safety, and stability for adults with serious and persistent mental illnesses. They will monitor the activity in the public areas within the building. Front Desk staff and residential assistance to board and lodges will also be available for emergency supports, assistance or crisis intervention if needed.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assist tenants in feeling welcome and safe in the facility
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness and safety of the building and grounds.
- Assist clients with medication monitoring.
- Assist clients with independent living skills.
- Provide assistance to clients when they are in a crisis situation.
- Assist client with light housekeeping skills.
- Provide transportation to clients when assigned/or needed.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and scheduled in services
- Attend required clinical supervision meetings as scheduled.
- Complete all documentation and billing work as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs regularly and rapidly.
- Must be able to move around building at a rapid pace in response to emergencies
- Must be able to perform reaching and lifting activities of up to 30 pounds.
- Must have access to and be able to operate a motor vehicle.
- Must have the ability to use a computer.
Computer, telephone, automobile, household equipment, stove, and dishwasher.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Must possess a high school diploma or its equivalency.
- Must possess ability to handle confidential information responsibly.
- Ability to work with serious and persistent mentally ill individuals.
- Have the ability and flexibility to work additional hours as need dictates.
- Current Driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
Hiawatha Valley Mental Health Center strives to bring exceptional behavioral health support to the communities we serve, while providing excellent employee benefits! We offer a flexible working environment, competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package including health, life, disability, dental insurance, 403B,and paid time off.
EOE/AA – Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status or status with regard to public assistance.
To assist us in complying with government record keeping, reporting and other legal requirements, please complete the form in the EEO link below. Providing this information is voluntary and refusal to provide this information will not have a negative effect on your status as an applicant or employee. This information will be kept confidential and in accordance with federal and state regulations.