The Wraparound Care Coordinator must have an ongoing awareness of the community resources and evidence based practices that could potentially be useful to the child and family and be able to develop positive relationships with these providers in order to ensure access and quality services to the family. The Wraparound Care Coordinator must identify other community and individual supports that can be used by the family to achieve their care plan; these can include friends, relatives, and/or religious affiliations. The Wraparound Care Coordinator assists the youth and family accessing strength based mental health, social services, educational services and other supports and resources required to assist the family to attain its vision. They help the family identify natural supports that exist for the family, and work with families to maintain youth in the least restrictive setting possible. The Wraparound Care Coordinator monitors the provision and quality of these services in conjunction with the family.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- The Wraparound Care Coordinator must possess a minimum of a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in social work, psychology or related field with extensive experience in human services. A Master’s Degree in social work, psychology or related field is preferred. All Bachelor level and unlicensed Wraparound Care Coordinator positions must be supervised at minimum by a licensed mental health professional. Experience can be substituted for education.
- Ability to create effective relationships with individuals of different cultural beliefs and lifestyles.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to develop and deliver case presentations.
- Ability to analyze complex information, and to define and solve problems.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must have own transportation, meet agency auto insurance requirements and have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Flexible schedule, includes some evenings, in-home and office hours.
Hiawatha Valley Mental Health Center strives to bring exceptional behavioral health support to the communities we serve, while providing excellent employee benefits! We offer a flexible working environment, competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package including health, life, disability, dental insurance, 403B,and paid time off.
EOE/AA – Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status or status with regard to public assistance.
To assist us in complying with government record keeping, reporting and other legal requirements, please complete the form in the EEO link below. Providing this information is voluntary and refusal to provide this information will not have a negative effect on your status as an applicant or employee. This information will be kept confidential and in accordance with federal and state regulations.